Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chips are like stretching

I know, I know, you're all thinking what's gotten into that girl! This is the 3rd blog post this week!

And my explanation will be long and convoluted, so bear with me... For all you FRIEND'S gurus (and aren't we all?) Remember the episode where Monica is making Joey an entire turkey for Thanksgiving and he comes in eating chips? She freaks out on him for ruining his appetite and he explains to her that he has to warm his stomach up, "chips are like streching".

Well that's what's going on with my blog right now. I'm stretching my writing muscle to prepare for next month and the Blogging from A-Z challenge. See that pretty poster to the right, click there to learn more. I initially got roped into this by my writer friends, but now I'm actually getting really excited about it. The basic premise is that for everyday in the month of April (except Sundays) I will blog to a letter of the alphabet. So the first blog will have to do with A, so on and so forth. Some people are coming up with giant scheming plans for themes and continuing stories etc. I think I'm just gonna wing it. You're very surprised, I know.

I'm getting excited about it because it will be a challenge (hence the title) and will force me to write everyday, which can be very hard sometimes. So I'm trying to gradually increase the frequency of my posts this month, in preparation. I'd hate to pull my writer muscle a week into the challenge and have to pull out!  ;)

The funny thing about the whole thing is that I don't blog like a lot of other writers do. In fact my kiwi friend, Jade, who is an amazing writer and has all sorts of awards and contests for me to follow on her blog, and the only response she gets from me on those is another questioning email whining "what am I supposed to do with this again?" And I'm not a tech novice (Don't tell anyone but technology is actually in my job title).  So what's the deal? Well I guess it's just that I blog for me and the people who are important to me. I blog because I'm a bazillion miles away from all those very important people and I suck at calling. This is a way for me to let them see what's going on in my life.

I'm not really into making my blog all about my writing, I'd prefer it be about my life. And my writing has become a big part of my life, but there are other things that are just as important.  Like Ryan and Cleo and travel, and talking about my stupid thoughts.

I apologize in advance for the slew of blog posts you will see over the next two months. Feel free to ignore, delete or even curse at my persistence. You won't hurt my feelings (as long as you don't tell me about it).  :)

Much love and happy blogging!

No really, it's fun you should try it!




4 comments:

  1. A to Z's going to be epic. We'll be glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

      Delete
  2. I agree. Most of the time I prefer to read blogs about life rather than writing....although there are a few notable exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you started a blog. And I look forward to reading every one!

    ReplyDelete