1. unreasonably obstinate; obstinately unmoving: a stubbornchild.
2. fixed or set in purpose or opinion; resolute: a stubborn opponent of foreign aid.
3. obstinately maintained, as a course of action: a stubborn resistance.
4. difficult to manage or suppress: a stubborn horse; a stubborn pain.
5. hard, tough, or stiff, as stone or wood; difficult to shape or work.
Ryan says I'm stubborn. And I say Ryan is more stubborn. Oddly neither of us is willing to budge on this. :)
Before I got married, my Grandma (who shares the same birthday with my husband) pulled me aside to give me some advice. She said "Ryan is a Taurus like me, so he's gonna be stubborn as hell and you can't plan on changing his mind once he's set on something. But don't tell your grandfather I admitted that."
I've never thought of myself as stubborn, but the more I self analyze I realize there are definitely moments where I won't give in, and probably should. Why do we get stubborn about things? Is it a control issue, emotional baggage, ego?
Monday's letter is T and the word I chose at random has 5 letters and starts with TO.